The Master Tonic: Your Homemade Antiviral, Antibacterial, Anti-Inflammatory Powerhouse.
Now is the time to make this simple but powerful antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory remedy for the coming cold and flu season. It is known most commonly by the name “Master Tonic” and it is very easy to make.
This homemade medicine is an anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic remedy that you can make in your own kitchen. We made it this month so that we are ready to keep our immune system strong when the season (and weather) changes.
This works as a preventative ally, keeping your immune system strong and it also works to help rally your immune system if a cold or flu strikes.
Remember: It’s best to use fresh,organic ingredients whenever possible. Especially, when making medicine.
Below are the health benefits of each ingredient. You will find the recipe at the bottom of the page.
The Health Benefits of Horseradish Root
- A natural Antibiotic
- Helps relieve bronchitis and cough
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates the production of white blood cells
- High levels Vitamin C
The Health Benefits of Garlic
Best used in its raw or fermented form
- Natural Antibiotic
- Rich in phytoncides-such as allicin – helping cure infections at a faster rate.
It’s best to chop the garlic and wait 15 minutes prior to utilizing/ eating/ cooking. This allows the health-giving enzyme reaction of garlic to occur.
The Health Benefits of Tumeric Root
Curcumin is an incredible compound found in turmeric. It works synergistically with Black pepper which increases it’s bioavailability in the blood.
- Antiviral- helps fight influenza
- Protects the immune system
Curcumin has become popular and effective anti-inflammatory but even more so it has played an important supportive role in the treatment of cancer
The Health Benefits of Ginger Root
Ginger is a widely recognized medicinal root across many cultures for thousands of years.
- Powerful Anti- inflammatiory
- Reduces pain
- Helps alleviate gastrointestinal distress
- Helps eliminate intestinal gas
- Soothes the intestinal tract
- Recent studies have shown promising reports of Ginger’s anti-cancer properties
The Health Benefits of Onion
- Sulfur-rich assisting the body to detoxify
- Heart disease prevention
- Immune bosting
- DNA protection
The Health Benefits of Hot Peppers
- Rich in capsaicin which protects cells against cancer
- Regulate blood sugar
- Stimulate blood flow – helps relieve congestion associated with cold and sinus infections.
In this recipe we’ve used Jalepeño peppers because they were growing in our garden. However, Unripe green habaneros contain more Vitamin C than a serving of citrus fruit.
The Health Benefits of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Probiotic -rich promoting a healthy intestinal tract
- Boosts the immune system
Make this Anti-Viral, Anti-bacterial tonic for home use.
- 1 Part Fresh Horseradish Root
- 1 Part Fresh Garlic diced
- 1 Part Fresh Tumeric Root (or powdered turmeric if not available)
- 1 Part Fresh Ginger Root
- 1 Part Onions chopped then add to food processor
- 1 Part Hot Peppers (jalapeño or other) diced with gloves on
- 1-2 Parts Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 9 grinds Fresh Ground Pepper (works synergistically with tumeric)
Grate, dice or add to food processor each ingredient at a time and add to jar.
Fill mason jars of your choice 3/4 of the way full.
Add in Apple Cider Vinegar to the top.
Cover with lids (if using metal lids add parchment paper so the vinegar does not react with the metal lids.
Store in a place out of the sun. Shaking gently once per day for two weeks, and then filter the Master Tonic mixture through a clean piece of cheese cloth or other, bottle and label.
Can be stored in the pantry indefinitely.
Take 1 or 2 ounces a day during cold and flu season, You can add raw organic honey if desired. Swish and then swallow. Don’t dilute with water.
The dosage for the Master Tonic is 1 or 2 ounces, two or more times daily.
For an infection, 1 or 2 ounces taken 5-6 times a day will be suffcient. It can be used during pregnancies, is safe for children (use smaller dosesand maybe a dropper full with added honey). This is a non-toxic food.