Acupuncture After Care
I hope you enjoyed your session today. Acupuncture and massage facilitate great change in the body. How you proceed from here affects the outcome of your treatment. Here are some important notes on the coming week for you.
1. You will need to drink more water. Try having two glasses upon awakening in the morning to start. Add lemon water to your first glass to support your liver. This improves digestion and orients you to drinking a clean source of water throughout the day.
2. You may notice more range of motion, soreness as if you’ve just worked out, or other body changes. Be gentle with yourself for a couple of days, then, ease into more activity each day mindful of the changes that are taking place.
3. Watch less TV and media– and listen to your body. Unplug from computers, wifi, social media and email if possible, even if just for short periods of time.
4. It is helpful to keep a journal during your course of treatment to reflect changes and progress.
5. Eat nourishing, whole, seasonal foods that are prepared with love.
Thank you for the opportunity to work with you. I look forward to continuing to help you create a new relationship with your body. Please call the office with any questions or concerns. 828-333-5087