Here’s a healthy, tasty recipe that will bring into you in the summer mode. This is a popular favorite from our Seasonal Cleanse. It’s great food to travel with and requires NO COOKING. Rejoice the Rawko! It’s like a taco but it’s raw – not raw meat – raw foods (means no cooking, more enzymes, more energy, packed with flavor). We’ll admit, it can be a bit of an odd concept at first but once you try them, you may just be pleasantly surprised.
Make the Wraps
- 1 Bunch of collard greens* There is a misunderstanding that collards are bitter, not so! Pair them with a protein and a fat and eat them raw and your will be forever changed.
- Rinse and de-stem – leaving 2 halves (depends on how many people are eating– figure 2-3 wraps per person)
- Pat those dry
Sweet Cucumber Salsa
- 1 apple – peeled, cored, diced
- 1 cucumber – peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion – diced
- Parsley and/or cilantro – washed and diced
- A few pinches of Himalayan or Celtic sea salt (these are quality high mineral salts)
- Fresh squeezed lemon
- Add all ingredients together, then add in salt and lemon – make sure it really gets on that onion! Toss, let sit.
Why the non-meat tacos – er- rawkos? Because they are delicious. Because raw foods pack an amazing amount of energy and vitality, and because everyone loves new and exciting foods that make them feel good with no negative repercussions. So here you go:
- 1 -2 cups of raw organic walnuts (again, depending on how many people you are feeding)
- 2-6 TBS of gluten free tamari (go easy on this — it can get real salty quick)
- Add to a high speed blender or food processor and blend it up
- Lay your collard wrap on a flat surface
- Spread 1-2 tsp of the rawko “meat” onto the wrap length-wise
- Add some salsa (this offsets the heavy flavor of the walnuts nicely)
- Here, I added some sunflower sprouts for some more green and texture
- Roll up and enjoy.
You can pre-roll these and eat them on a car ride — or pack the ingredients separately and take to go and assemble on site. Enjoy!